We're Hiring for Summer Seasonal Positions - Join the team!
- Head Guard posting - learn more at Saskjobs
- Lifeguard Posting - learn more at Saskjobs
- Jr Guard posting - learn more at Saskjobs
- Day Camp counselor learn more at Saskjobs
How to Apply:
Individuals can submit their resumes to:
S.VanDeSype, Recreation & Community Wellness Manager,
Town of Assiniboia Box 670 Assiniboia SK S0H 0B0
by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax: 306.642.5622 - Deadline to Apply -March 15.
Opportunity - CAO
The Town of Assiniboia (approx. pop. 2400) is seeking a full time permanent Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). This highly responsible and collaborative position is the principal liaison and support person for the seven-member council and runs the day-to-day operations of the municipality implementing the bylaws, policies and resolutions of Council.
The CAO position will work with a senior management team comprised of a Director Finance/Deputy CAO, Executive Assistant /Marketing & Tourism Manager, Recreation and Community Wellness Manager, and a Director of Operations & Facilities. This high profile public service position serves a caring community with incredible volunteerism and a strong community focus towards recreation.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in municipal government having obtained a Local Government Authority (LGA) Certification with a minimum of a Standard Certificate; though an Advanced Certificate would be preferred.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude with strong leadership skills, providing guidance to the Town of Assiniboia team.
- Have a strong desire for community involvement and presence with excellent public relations skills.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills with strength in public relations, helping to foster positive relationships internally and externally.
- Concrete understanding of municipal accounting with experience in budgeting, financial operations, asset management, assessment, and taxation.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Munisoft, Microsoft Office programs and social media.
- Effective planning and time management is essential.
- Experience operating within a unionized environment and with union negotiations is an asset.
The Town offers a full benefit package through SUMA and an excellent pension package through MEPP, as well other policy benefits.
RESUME & COVER LETTER:
A minimum of 2 recent employment references and at least one character reference (non-employment related) is required. It would also be appreciated to include your salary expectations. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please send electronically by to email@example.com, by fax to 306-642-5622 ATT: Candace Mowbray, or by mail to PO Box 670, Assiniboia, SK S0H 0B0
The Town of Assiniboia supports SaskJobs, see jobs postings at WWW.SASKJOBS.CA