Planning, Development & Permits

Are you planning any development / building projects on your property?

Development Permits are required if you are changing the use of the property or the foot print of buildings on your property (ie: adding anything new or removing structures - removal requires a Demolition Permit.) and are subject to the Zoning Bylaw No. 02/14 and provincial legislation. Approved permits are provided yearly to SAMA (Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency). Any changes may affect your assessment value, which affects your property taxes. 

Building permits are required to ensure that all buildings are constructed in a safe and healthful manner in accordance with the National Building Code. They are also required to ensure that a new use in an existing building does not interfere with life and structural safety elements in the existing building.

Please ensure you check with the Town Office before you start any project. Permits can take up to 1-2 weeks for approval if it is a permitted use. If the project is a Discretionary Use, it would follow the procedure outlined in the Zoning Bylaw, as per the Planning & Developing Act, and require Council consideration.

Please complete a Development & Building Permit application for your project.

Development Permit Application (fillable .pdf)

Buidling Permit Application  (fillable .pdf)

Demolition / Move a Building Permit Application (fillable .pdf)

Official Community Plan Bylaw 01/14 (note this is a large file) 

Zoning Bylaw No. 02/14     

Zoning Map   

Building Bylaw 01/15  

Accessory Building Brochure

Fence Permit Application 

Permit Overview Brochure 

Site Plan sample

Permit Summary's (2015, 2014, 2013, 2012)

The CAO is the designated Development Officer and inquiries can be made to the Town Office (306) 642-3382. or via email at