2014 Saskatchewan Summer Games
Purpose of the Games
The purpose of the Saskatchewan Games is to provide an opportunity for the province’s developing athletes, coaches and officials to participate in a multi sport event in preparation for a higher level of competition.
The goals of the Saskatchewan Games are:
- To provide an athlete-centered multi-sport experience that compliments provincial sport governing bodies, long term athlete and coach developmental plans, generally in the LTAD ‘Train to Train’ stage of development.
- To identify Saskatchewan participants with the potential to advance to higher levels of competition.(Provincial Team, National Competitions, Canada Games, Western Canada Summer Games, North American Indigenous Games).
- To enhance community development through a sport legacy of upgraded equipment, facilities, experienced officials, cultural understanding and appreciation, and a core group of volunteers.
- To motivate participants to achieve a higher level of sport skill and physical well being.
- To promote athlete, coach and official development programs within all Districts in the province.
- To provide a provincial showcase which increases public awareness and support for amateur sport in Saskatchewan.
- To generate economic and tourism benefits within the host community and surrounding area.
- The Saskatchewan Games Program is a developmental tool used by Provincial Sport Governing Bodies (PSGBs) which aids in the comprehensive growth and development of athletes, coaches, officials and all participants in sport. District teams are selected by the Provincial Sport Governing Bodies and managed by the provinces Sport, Culture and Recreation Districts.
- Next Games
The 2014 Saskatchewan Summer Games will be held in Prince Albert
South West District Information
Assiniboia is located in the South West District and the following is specific information pertaining to the South West Team.